In-ground swimming pools are very enjoyable, but the hassles of dishing out up to $40,000 and waiting months for it to be finished have been turning people away from the decision to purchase one. Luckily, you have another option that is a whole lot more affordable! Above-ground swimming pools are not only less expensive, but they provide just as much fun for the whole family! That is why half of swimming pools owned in the United States are above-ground. People are discovering the convenience in this type of swimming pool.
As with everything, it is wise to research and gain some knowledge on above-ground pools before you make the decision to buy one. Here is some useful information on these backyard additions to help you on your way.
When thinking about buying an above-ground swimming pool, there are some steps you should take first:
- Make sure to measure the area where you want to place your pool, and leave some extra room for steps, a filter, or maybe even a deck!
- After you have discovered how much available space you have in your backyard, you can choose the shape and size of your pool! There are round, oval, or rectangular shaped above-ground swimming pools, so choose which ever option fits your available space.
- Start looking into the different qualities for above-ground swimming pools. There are plastic, vinyl, and metal styles. Depending on how long you want your pool to last, you may want to spend a little extra and purchase a steel or aluminum swimming pool. If you are only looking for a few years of splashing around, a vinyl swimming pool is probably best for you.
- Decide whether you want an entirely above-ground pool or an “on-ground” pool, which can be put partially underground. This is more expensive, but it gives your pool a unique look and will make it easier to climb in and out of.
- Choose all of the accessories and equipment that you would like to use with your pool. There are various types of steps, ladders, filters, etc. that you can choose from, and all come with different advantages or disadvantages. It is important to have quality pool equipment, because this is what will keep your pool in good shape and help to lengthen its life.
- Read about the difference between Chlorine, salt water, and Baquacil water sanitizers. If you or a family member has very sensitive eyes, you may want to install the Baquacil water sanitizer system because it is made of contact solution! Salt water also has its benefits for different folks, and Chlorine is the basic water sanitizer but often times is too strong a chemical for swimmers.
After you have made your decision about the exact style of swimming pool and equipment that you want to purchase, you can get on your way! Once you have made your purchase, you can rest in the benefits that come along with owning your own above-ground pool, such as its low price, flexibility, portability, and great fun!