If you are ready to invest in the backyard treasure a swimming pool can be for you and your family, it’s likely you have done a lot of research on the different pools that are available. You’ve had to consider your budget, the climate where you live, ground conditions and other such technicalities. Armed with this important information, you are ready to make a decision.
Fiberglass swimming pools are among your options as you choose, and you have probably wondered if a fiberglass pool is right for you. Here are the pro’s of fiberglass pools and why choosing one would be a great choice for you.
1. If you have a basic size and shape in mind, fiberglass pools can fit any budget.
2. Fiberglass pool only require mild cleaners, and do not need to be cleaned as often as other pools. This saves you time and money.
3. Fiberglass pools can easily adapt to temperature changes and can actually be installed during any season of the year. They are quickly assembled right in your backyard.
4. Various types of pools can be created with fiberglass. From a traditional patio pool to lap pools or spas, you can choose from a large variety of designs, shapes and colors. Extras like wading pols, water features and therapy jets make fiberglass pools very customizable.
Advantages Over Concrete Pools:
1. It may be surprising, but fiberglass beats concrete when it comes to strength. Fiberglass pools are 17 times stronger and won’t wear out or develop cracking as quickly as a concrete pool will.
2. Because fiberglass pools are first created in a factory and then brought to your backyard, they are much faster to install than concrete pools. Fiberglass pools are simply placed in a pre-excavated hole, rather than built from scratch. They can be installed and ready to use in just a few days.
3. Fiberglass pools prove to be more cost-effective in the long run. Because algae and dirt won’t stick to fiberglass as much as they will to concrete, the pumps and filters of a fiberglass pool don’t have to work as hard, saving electricity, and therefore money.
4. The smooth finish of a fiberglass pool provides greater safety for swimmers. Concrete pools can be rough, which sometimes leads to injury for swimmers. Fiberglass pools, however, are smooth and yet non-slip, providing ideal safety.
Of course all swimming pools will have both pros and cons, but the list of advantages of fiberglass pools far outweighs any disadvantages they may present.
Be sure to remember that although you may pay more up-front for a fiberglass swimming pool, it will save you money and time for cleaning and maintenance throughout the years. Also, remember how easy it is to customize your fiberglass pool, and how fast they are to install. Before you know it, you can be enjoying that tropical oasis, or getting in shape swimming laps. Whatever your dream is, make it come true today with a new fiberglass swimming pool in your backyard.